A special crazy quilt

Anne joined my class and informed me that her granddaughter was turning 21 in 6 months time and she wanted to make a crazy quilt for her 21st gift.
I asked Anne is she had done crazy before - she said NO.

Well, we jumped in with both feet - here is the lucky recipient of this beautiful quilt.............


Completed quilt with lace as sashing.................


Pretty charms.............


Great use of all sorts of threads............


Beads and braids............


Cute little basket of flowers.....................


Luscious silk ribbon embroidery..................


Pearl buttons...................


The very energetic Anne - and YES she made this quilt in 6 months ..........well, less than six months as holidays and overseas guests got in the way..............


And to complete it all - a beautiful label for a beautiful quilt for a beautiful granddaughter .

Comments

  1. What a beautiful gift and keepsake. She's a very lucky girl:)

    I'm a new follower. I just found you yesterday. I bought your book last week. It's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell Anne how much I like her quilt. It is absolutely beautiful. Love the stitching, the lace. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marci. I have sent Anne the link.
      XXXX
      Jenny

      Delete
  3. Ohhh, that is breath-taking, absolutely beautiful. Please congratulate Anne for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vivienne
      Thank you for posting a comment. I have sent Anne the link :) She told me that her Granddaughter absolutely loved the quilt.
      XX
      Jenny

      Delete
  4. Wow very beautiful and completed so quickly. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan
      It is very beautiful and Anne said her Grandaughter loved it!
      XXXXX
      Jenny

      Delete
  5. Love Anne's quilt, can I join a class online? I have a friend who is willing to teach me, I just have been afraid to make it a priority...I am afraid to mess it up! I have been planing and purchasing and procrastinating and collecting and planning and collecting and procrastinating...you get the pattern...for 20 years...truly. I have SO much cream fabric and lace and threads and beads and trims and pearls and everything I see on your CQ quilts....I have done silk ribbon embroidery, regular embroidery, cross stitching and sewing for 35 years. Is it alright for me to have confidence in my abilities yet? LOL I am such a baby! and a perfectionist! I have purchased books on stitches, three of Judith Backer Montano's books and wired ribbon flowers books and ..and..and...more of the same as above. I know. I am Crazy...so CQ should be just right for me! Right???? Does your quilt have block patterns in it? I think I have used the excuse that I don't have any patterns to keep the procrastination going.
    hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betsy, I loved your comments!! you sound like so many of my students. I think you will find my book helpful - as I have deconstructed the whole process of Crazy quilting for you. And yes, there are patterns for 25 block/hexagons in the book. XX Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your very kind words regarding my granddaughters quilt for her 21st. I thoroughly enjoyed every stitch and I certainly couldn't have done it without the help of our wonderful teacher Jenny!!!
    Thank you one and all!!
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts