A few finishes .....................

Firstly, let me apologise for the bad photos - but, we really found it difficult to photograph these "finishes" without the glare on glass affecting the outcome.
Elaine has been very busy with these initials for her granddaughters. On the back of the frame she has written a note to each granddaughter telling them how special and unique they are.


In fact, Elaine's words were so touching that we were reduced to tears - good tears though!


I am wondering what Elaine is going to work on in 2018.


Wendy M also had a finish - actually, this photo does not do her work justice. The ribbon work is so lovely.


My "finish" for the year is coming on, slowly.
Look, its not going to be the most beautiful quilt in the world - but, I so love a hand quilted scrap quilt.


I am of the opinion that all quilts should be hand quilted!!!! I think its a skill that is slowly dying. It makes me so sad when I go to quilt shows and there are maybe 3 or 4 hand quilted quilts on display.
TjuTju, our little Tibetan spaniel, is enjoying the process.

 
Till next time.
Jenny
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Comments

  1. Elaine's ribbon embroidery is beautiful.

    I love to see hand quilting. There is something soft and lovely, quaint and peaceful about it. Glad you are keeping it alive in your quilts.

    Happy Christmas holidays ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful beautiful ribbon work initioals. Your quilt is gorgeous and I agree - there is nothing like hand quilting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree about the hand quilting. I enjoy my quilting time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts